I really loved this episode. It was one of the more lighthearted ones that we don’t get to see all that often anymore. Not that it was fluffy or anything like that, but… I don’t know, I just loved it. And let me tell you why:
- Peckstein partnership. These two are never going to be an item and, at one point (late season 2), that would have upset me. Now, though, as long as I get to see them as friends, then I’m happy. I don’t know what it is about these two that I love so much, but I really enjoy watching them together and playing off of each other.
- Gail and Holly hit a bit of a rough patch, though, huh? If I didn’t know any better, I’d say the chick from 27 was hitting on her, too. So, this is going to be a fun season to watch for Gail. I’m ready.
- Chris is starting to lose his cool. I mean, who knows when he started, but we got to really see it shine this episode. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like seeing Chris hurting or suffering, but I do like seeing character growth. I really hope we get to see this storyline play out to its end. Sometimes, with the amount of characters on this show, we don’t always get to see that (Noelle and her cancer scare, for example, was just brushed by last season).
- He also got to organize Fite Nite! I loved Fite Nite back in season one, so I was really looking forward to it this time around. Especially since Duncan was supposed to fight. I know he’s not the greatest cop, but I sure do enjoy him. Too bad he “hurt his shoulder” and withdrew from the fight, causing Nick to sub in.
- Nick got his ass kicked. Am I right? I don’t even feel bad. He should have bowed out when he got the chance, but then he saw Andy and Sam come in together and he, what? Tried to be a hero? Gain her sympathy? Whatever it was, I wasn’t about that. I’m over this love triangle and I really hope that’s the last of it.
- What I’m not over? Any scene with him and Chloe. She’s hilarious and he’s too cool to show any real excitement, so the two of them together are great. Ever since they worked Sam’s task force last season, I’ve wanted to see more of them together.
- Oliver is struggling in his new role, but he’s going to make a great staff sergeant. And he’s there for his people. He had Dov and Gail’s backs when Jarvis found them at the Fraud Squad case and he’ll always have everyone’s back. Because that is Oliver and I love him.
- So, Sam’s back at work. And he and Andy were on fire this episode. Seriously, I’m talking like season 2 type of fire over here. They had the flirty eyes, the banter, the back and forth, the partnership. For real, this is all I want in the world. I want to see these two working together while getting their personal life in check in the meantime.
- You can’t convince me these two aren’t endgame, so don’t even try. They just get each other and it is beyond wonderful to watch.
Thoughts after the promo:
Sam and Andy. Chloe and Nick. Chloe and Dov. I am already so into this season that I can’t imagine being anymore excited. But every promo so far has only upped the ante. Give me the next episode now, please?